The Filmit 2023 competition is organised by the Native-speaking English Teacher (NET) Section, Curriculum Support Division (CSD), Education Bureau (EDB), in partnership with the European Union Office to Hong Kong and Macao (EUO) and the Chinese International School (CIS) Film and Media Department.
The aims of the Filmit 2023 competition are to:
- develop primary and secondary students’ English language proficiency through a competition which requires them to respond in English;
- enhance students’ awareness and appreciation of English;
- give students an opportunity to use English in a creative way involving multimodal technology;
- promote the use of English language to discuss topics relevant to primary and secondary students;
- support the learning and teaching of English in all Key Stages; and
- cultivate in students a positive outlook on life, respect for other cultures and the natural world and a sense of responsibility for the betterment of our community, our society and the world.